Keeping Your Website Running Smoothly
We offer ongoing website management for all our website packages, covering the essential services needed to keep your website running smoothly and securely.
For a monthly fee we will provide web hosting, domain name management and keep your website backed up and the software updated.
Our web hosting provides everything that you need for your website, including:
- A database for your website and storage for your website files
- Email addresses
- SSL Certificate for security
Domain Name Management
We will look after your domain names, making any changes needed to connect them up to your website and keeping them registered. No nasty surprises!
Website Backing Up and Software Updating
On a quarterly basis we will carry out backing up and software updating on your website. Our tried and tested procedure consists of the following:
- Back up your website and scan it for anything suspicious
- Update the versions of WordPress, plugins and themes installed on the site
- Test the site to make sure the updates were successful
- Back up the updated website
- Provide you with support for any changes introduced by the updates
Why is that important?
We are passionate about the need to keep websites updated.
Gone are the days when you could have a website built and not touch it again… Oh ok, I admit it those days never actually existed – it’s always been super important to keep your website content updated. But now that the majority of websites are running on a content management system like WordPress, you also have the job of keeping the software updated.
It’s important because it will:
- Help keep your website secure from hackers
- Help keep the site running smoothly as web technology changes
- Keep Google happy
If you don’t take the time to update your software the worst case scenario would be that your site gets hacked, which believe me isn’t much fun! And if you leave it too long you may be looking at a rebuild – that is a pretty extreme case, but can happen.
Interested in Website Management?
We’d love to have a chat and discuss how this would work for your business.